On October 1st, 2020 the Rector of the University of Padova and the President of the University of Science have signed a renewed Memorandum of Understanding - MoU, which shall be in force for a period of 5 years.
The MOU was initiated by the Department of Statistical Sciences of the University of Padova and the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Science. The purpose of this Memorandum is the joint academic cooperation through one or more of the following activities:
• scientific research
• educational activities in subjects of common interest;
• mobility of academic staff and researchers;
• mobility of students and doctoral candidates for academic activities to be recognized through a procedure jointly agreed by the Parties;
• exchange of information and bibliographic materials, sharing of know-how about high complex technical-scientific sets, higher education extension activities, included the mobility of technical, administrative and librarian staff connected to these goals;
• participation in seminars and academic meetings.
The University of Padova was founded in 1222, one of the oldest universities in Europe. In the past decades many of our students have come to the Department of Mathematics and Department of Statistical Sciences of the University of Padova for higher studies. At least 8 of them have obtained PhDs, 3 of whom are now our faculty members.