Our faculty members have expertises in wide range of disciplines, from pure mathematics to applied mathematics and computational sciences. Many of our faculty members have been contributing to research at national and international levels.
Algebra, Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Partial Differerential Equations, Differential Equations, Topology, Mathematics for Economics, Optimization, Statistics, Mechanics, Computational mathematics, Mathematics in Computer Science.
Also see description of research areas of departments.
Faculty by research areas
- Computer Science, Data Science: Nguyễn Thanh Bình, Trần Anh Tuấn, Nguyễn Tấn Trung
- Computational Algebraic Topology: Bùi Anh Tuấn
- Commutative algebra: Trần Ngọc Hội
- Computational mechanics, fluid mechanics, solid-state, composite materials: Trịnh Anh Ngọc, Vũ Đỗ Huy Cường, Bùi Xuân Thắng
- Several complex variables: Lý Kim Hà
- Cryptography: Lê Văn Luyện
- Group theory, Ring theory, Associative algebra: Trịnh Thanh Đèo, Bùi Xuân Hải, Trần Ngọc Hội, Nguyễn Văn Thìn (A), Mai Hoàng Biên, Nguyễn Hữu Trí Nhật, Nguyễn Kim Ngọc
- Financial mathematics: Đinh Ngọc Thanh, Đặng Đức Trọng
- Geometric topology: Huỳnh Quang Vũ
- Homological algebra: Nguyễn Viết Đông
- Numerical Analysis: Ông Thanh Hải, Lê Ánh Hạ, Nguyễn Tấn Trung
- Nonlinear analysis: Dương Minh Đức
- Optimization: Nguyễn Lê Hoàng Anh, Nguyễn Minh Tùng, Võ Sĩ Trọng Long, Nguyễn Thị Thu Vân
- Partial differential equations: Dương Minh Đức, Đặng Đức Trọng, Nguyễn Thành Long, Bùi Lê Trọng Thanh, Nguyễn Huy Tuấn
- Statistics: Lê Thị Xuân Mai, Nguyễn Thị Mộng Ngọc, Đặng Đức Trọng
- Here is a list of publications by faculty members through the years.
NOTABLE RECENT PUBLICATIONS
A Low-Order Finite Element Method For Three Dimensional Linear Elasticity Problems With General Meshes, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 2017
Deconvolution of P(X<Y) with compactly supported error densities, Statistics and Probability Letter, 2017
Approximation of holomorphic functions in Lp-norm on a class of convex domains of finite/infinite type in C^2, Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, 2018
Higher-order Karush-Kuhn-Tucker conditions in non-smooth optimiztions, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2018
The Farrell–Tate and Bredon homology for PSL4(Z) via cell subdivisions, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 2018
There is an annual "Summer Meeting - Gặp gỡ Mùa hè" international conference organized primarily by our alumni. Occasional workshops and conferences have been organized, such as the Vietnamese - French conference in applied mathematics in July 2018.