Our faculty members have expertises in wide range of disciplines, from pure mathematics to applied mathematics and computational sciences. Many of our faculty members have been contributing to research at national and international levels.
Algebra, Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Partial Differerential Equations, Differential Equations, Topology, Mathematics for Economics, Optimization, Statistics, Mechanics, Computational Mathematics, Mathematical Computer Science.
Also see description of research areas of departments.
Faculty by research areas
- Computer Science, Data Science: Nguyễn Thanh Bình, Trần Anh Tuấn (A), Ngô Minh Mẫn
- Computational Algebraic Topology: Bùi Anh Tuấn
- Commutative algebra: Trần Ngọc Hội, Nguyễn Hữu Trí Nhật
- Computational mechanics, fluid mechanics, solid-state, composite materials: Trịnh Anh Ngọc, Vũ Đỗ Huy Cường, Bùi Xuân Thắng
- Several complex variables: Lý Kim Hà
- Cryptography: Lê Văn Luyện
- Group theory, Ring theory, Associative algebra: Trịnh Thanh Đèo, Bùi Xuân Hải, Trần Ngọc Hội, Nguyễn Văn Thìn (A), Mai Hoàng Biên, Nguyễn Kim Ngọc
- Financial mathematics: Đinh Ngọc Thanh, Đặng Đức Trọng
- Geometric topology: Huỳnh Quang Vũ
- Homological algebra: Nguyễn Viết Đông
- Numerical Analysis: Ông Thanh Hải, Lê Ánh Hạ, Nguyễn Thị Hoài Thương
- Optimization: Nguyễn Lê Hoàng Anh, Võ Sĩ Trọng Long, Nguyễn Thị Thu Vân
- Mathematical Education: Trần Nam Dũng, Tạ Thị Nguyệt Nga, Nguyễn Viết Đông, Phan Nguyễn Ái Nhi
- Partial differential equations: Đặng Đức Trọng, Nguyễn Thành Long, Bùi Lê Trọng Thanh, Nguyễn Huy Tuấn
- Statistics: Lê Thị Xuân Mai, Nguyễn Thị Mộng Ngọc, Đặng Đức Trọng, Hoàng Văn Hà, Nguyễn Đăng Minh
- Here is a list of publications by faculty members through the years.
Notable recent publications
- A Low-Order Finite Element Method For Three Dimensional Linear Elasticity Problems With General Meshes, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 2017
- Deconvolution of P(X<Y) with compactly supported error densities, Statistics and Probability Letter, 2017
- Approximation of holomorphic functions in Lp-norm on a class of convex domains of finite/infinite type in C^2, Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, 2018
- Higher-order Karush-Kuhn-Tucker conditions in non-smooth optimizations, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2018
- The Farrell–Tate and Bredon homology for PSL4(Z) via cell subdivisions, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 2018
The faculty organizes and participates in a university scientific conference once every two years. There are occasional international workshops and conferences, such as the Vietnamese - French conference in applied mathematics in July 2018. There has been an annual "Summer Meeting" international conference organized primarily by our alumni.